Ride single speed MTB? So do a lot of PG Racing team members!
John Draskovic made this helpful chart to cover most ratios used for 29ers in Ohio.
32×19 (with 29x~2.1-2.2) is the most common ratio used by PGers.
A few reference points from within our team:
- Dirk Kostoff races a 34×21.
- Tom Draskovic has raced a 32×19.
- Larkin Kelly races 32×18.
- John Caughell races a 32×19.
- Justin Brown, 32×20.
- Taylor Kruse raced a 32×18 on the Tour Divide, but uses 32×19 for XC.
- Dan Monnig and John Draskovic use 32×20 and a 32×19.