A grueling 48 mile course at Scioto Trails that is not to be taken lightly with 4,729 ft of vertical gain, 3-4 hike-a-bikes, descents that will have you white knuckled on a MTB and hanging on for dear life on a CX bike. This is a new rendition of Cap City’s late Frankenbike route. It has new climbs and trails, while it is only 48 miles it will challenge even the most fit rider.
Not up for the full Bride of Frankenbike route? No worries, we will be providing a shorter half paved, half gravel route that will avoid the hike-a-bikes and gnarly descents known as the “Frankenweenie.” This route is a 30.7 mile route that can be ridden on a road bike with wider tires or a CX bike. It will not count towards the completion of the PG Challenges, but will still be a lot of fun!
Join us for a night of camping following the ride at Scioto Trails State Park at the main campground near Caldwell Lake or the primitive sites near Lake Stewart. Site choice will depending on how crowded it is that Saturday.
Ideal bike: Frankenbike – MTB/CX; Frankenweenie – CX/Road
Date: July 29th, 2017
Start Time: 11 am
- Parking Location: Stewart Lake Parking Lot – GPS: 39°13’08.8″N 82°57’38.7″W
- Start Location: Old Airport – GPS: 39.219584, -82.916185
- Completion time: generally 4-7 hours
- Frankenbike-Only Note: It is about a 5 mile paved road ride from the parking area to the start/finish.
- Start/Parking Location: Stewart Lake Parking Lot – GPS: 39°13’08.8″N 82°57’38.7″W
- Completion time: generally 4-5 hours